sobota, 14 kwietnia 2012

Meidy's banana bread


We all got a bit tired and bored with bread I bake. It's dark, moist and... No idea? Too healthy? Anyway, we've started craving for puffy, white bread, it must be this incredibly long winter ;-) You lose will to live and/or to eat healthy stuff.
I felt like baking something different and then I remembered about the banana bread! The recipe is from Meidy, a friend who baked this delicious thing for another friend's party. For me this bread could be called a cake as well. It's rather sweet so I'm thinking on decreasing the amount of sugar. I don't want the little one to get hooked on sweets :-)
I wouldn't say it's the quickest food but it really is easy!


My pans are unusually long so my breads came out flat.

Banana Bread Recipe

Ingredients:
• 1 cup butter or margarine (always pick butter!)
• 2 cups sugar
• 4 eggs
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons baking soda (I used baking powder)
• 4 cups flour
• 6 large bananas, very ripe, mashed
• 1 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
• Vanilla drops (optional)

Directions:
Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Sift dry ingredients together; add to creamed mixture. Stir in bananas, vanilla drops, and chopped pecans.
Pour banana nut bread batter into 2 well greased loaf pans; bake at 325f for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Enjoy!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz